List of university programs
A Labautopedia compendium of university programs and research institutes related to laboratory automation. Click on linked terms for more detail. Refer to the Contributing section for author information.
- University of Arizona: Arizona Research Labs - Division of Biotechnology - Interdisciplinary program divisions include: biotechnology computing, human genotyping, genomic analysis.
- University of California Berkeley:The University of California was chartered in 1868 and its flagship campus — envisioned as a "City of Learning" — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Today the world's premier public university and a wellspring of innovation, UC Berkeley occupies a 1,232 acre campus with a sylvan 178-acre
- University of Californai Los Angeles (UCLA):Teaching faculty: 4,016, Enrollment 26,928 undergraduates, 11,548 graduates Westwood Village in Los Angeles, about 5 miles from the Pacific Ocean, 174 buildings on 419 acres. Laboratory automation related programs can be found in the California Nanosystems Institute,
- Campinas State University: Brazil
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU): DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world. It is the vision of DTU that DTU is recognized internationally as a leading university in the areas of technology and the natural sciences and is known for its business-oriented approach, its focus on sustainability and its appealing study environment. Laboratory automation related programs can be found in the Department of Micro- and Nanotechnology. DTU Nanotech will advance the understanding, design and integration of functional materials and micro- and nanoscale components to enable miniaturized systems that allow for groundbreaking scientific discoveries and tomorrow’s solutions for industry and society.
- EPFL Ecole Polytechnique Federale de lausanne, Switzerland : EPFL is one of the two Ecoles Polytechniques fédérales in Switzerland. Like its sister institution, ETHZ, it has three missions: education, research and technology transfer at the highest international level. Associated with several specialised research institutes, the two EPFs form the EPF domain, which is directly dependent on the Federal Department of Home Affairs.
- University of Groningen: Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen is the second oldest university in the Netherlands. The University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as one of the leading research universities in Europe. It has a large international network and an excellent reputation for academic teaching with a modern, student-
- Institute of Automation (IAT), College of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering of the University of Rostock, Mecklenburg / Vorpommern - Germany: The IAT is developing customized solutions in the field of life science automation. Within the IAT is The Center for Life Science Automation (CELISCA), an international center of expertise offering an environment for effective interdisciplinary research and development projects, staffed by chemists, biologists, pharmacologists and physicians, as well as electro-technicians, machine builders, computer scientists and automation experts.
- Indiana University: Indiana University Bloomington is a comprehensive research university, attracting top faculty and scholars from around the world and offering personalized learning experiences, including Intensive Freshman Seminars, Freshman Interest Groups, overseas study, the Hutton Honors College, and many other academic programs. Laboratory automation related programs can be found in the Department of Chemistry focused on nanotechnology, chemical instrumentation and Computational Chemistry.
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis (IUPUI): Laboratory automation related programs can be found in the Department of Informatics
- Institute for Systems Biology: ISB was co-founded in 2000 in Seattle, Washington by Dr. Leroy Hood, Dr. Alan Aderem, Dr. Ruedi Aebersold. It has established facilities for DNA sequencing, genotyping, DNA arrays and cell separations. The Institute emerged as a result of the new research model called
- University of Kansas: The University of Kansas is a major public research and teaching institution that operates through a diverse, multicampus system. KU's many parts are bound together by a mission to serve as a "center for learning, research, scholarship and creative endeavor" in the state of Kansas, the nation and the world. Laboratory automation related programs can be found in the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and the Department of Chemistry, including the Applied Bioinformatics Lab (ABL), the Instrumentation Design Laboratory, the Adams Microfabrication Facility, the High Performance Computing facility.
- Keck Graduate Institute (KGI), Claremont CA, USA : KGI was founded in 1997 as the first American graduate school dedicated exclusively to applied life sciences. Their two-year program leading to a professional master of bioscience (MBS) degree combines business and technical content to produce leaders who are prepared to translate research discoveries into practical applications. Students are introduced to requirements-driven
- Lund University: Department of Biochemistry: Lund university was founded in 1666. Today it is an international centre for
- Purdue University: Is a university focused on research that will impact the lives and health of people around the world. and focused on moving its discovery out of laboratories and into the marketplace where it can power a high-technology economy. Laboratory automation related programs can be found in the Department of Chemistry, The Jonathan Amy Facility for Chemical Instrumentation, the Center for Analytical Instrumentation Development, the Center for Sensing Science and Technology , the Birck Nanotechnology Center, the Network for Computational Nanotechnology and The Harry Pardue Center for Advanced Instrumentation.
- Saint Louis University: Ranked among the top research institutions in the nation. The University fosters the intellectual and character development of more than 12,700 students. Laboratory automation related programs can be found in the Department of Chemistry focused on microchip-based analytical devices.
- Sao Paulo University, the biggest university in Brazil - Institute of Chemistri at Sao Carlos
- University of Twente: The University of Twente is an entrepreneurial research university. It was founded in 1961 and offers education and research in areas ranging from public policy studies and applied physics to biomedical technology. The UT is the Netherlands' only campus university. Genomics, nanotechnology and e-health are examples of fields of technology that mobilize interests and stirr debate among many diverse actors.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) Founded in 1872 as a land-grant college named Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College, Virginia Tech is now a comprehensive, innovative
- University of Washington: Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest state-supported institutions of higher education on the West Coast and is one of the preeminent research universities in the world. Laboratory automation related
- University of Applied Sciences Wiesbaden, Germany : The Fachhochschule Wiesbaden / University of Applied Sciences has 40
Contributing to this article
All entries should be entered under the
|Click [+] for other articles on||The Market Place for Lab Automation & Screening||The Market Place|