As an open-content collaborative wiki, LabAutopedia is intended as an educational resource created by and for those working within or associated with laboratory science and technology. The views and content reflected within LabAutopedia do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS), its leadership, employees, volunteers, agents or suppliers.
Content is added and edited by those associated and affiliated with laboratory science and technology. Entries in LabAutopedia have not necessarily been vetted or reviewed by SLAS or the LabAutopedia administrators. SLAS, its leadership, employees, volunteers, agents or suppliers make no guarantee to the validity of the content contained within LabAutopedia.
All content within LabAutopedia is subject to:
The goal of LabAutopedia is to harness the collective knowledge of the laboratory science and technology community in an open-source informational repository of which the vast majority of content should be sound and accurate. However, users of LabAutopedia should consider the source of the content itself to be from the contributors – not from SLAS, its leadership, employees, volunteers, agents or suppliers.
- Articles and content contained within LabAutopedia have not undergone a formal peer-review process.
- The information contained within LabAutopedia may change at any time and may be changed/updated/edited by someone other than the original author. SLAS, its leadership, employees, volunteers, agents and suppliers are not responsible for the accuracy of such changes or deletions to the information the original author or the individual doing the editing have provided.
- There is no agreement between the user, editor, reader, author or contributor and SLAS, its leadership, employees, volunteers, agents or suppliers. By contributing to or using LabAutopedia, you are granting the right to the use of this content.
- Any trademarks, service marks, copyrights or the like, are the property of their respective owners.
- The ideas within this wiki are not meant to be considered substitute for legal or scientific advice; and should not be considered so.
- In the event of the cancellation, termination or suspension of LabAutopedia, a notice will be posted. SLAS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or discontinue LabAutopedia at any time.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OR CONTRIBUTOR TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF LABAUTOPEDIA WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF ACCESS TO LABAUTOPEDIA. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SLAS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL OR CONTRIBUTOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SEE INAPPROPRIATE USE.
- ANY INDIVIDUAL OR CONTRIBUTOR DEEMED ILLEGITIMATE AND/OR BOGUS BY SLAS SHALL HAVE ACCESS IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED AND POSSIBLE REVOCATION OF SLAS MEMBERSHIP. SEE INAPPROPRIATE USE.
- Under no circumstances shall SLAS, its leadership, employees, volunteers, agents or suppliers be liable for any direct or indirect losses or damages arising out of or in connection with LabAutopedia. You hereby waive any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action of any kind you may have directly or indirectly against SLAS, its leadership, employees, volunteers, agents, suppliers and other representatives resulting from, arising out of, or in any way related to your access to, use of, or participation in LabAutopedia. Your participation in this LabAutopedia warrants that an agreement was entered into in the state of Illinois, and shall be governed by the substantive laws of the state of Illinois. You have read this disclaimer and understand all of its terms and conditions. As a condition of participation in LabAutopedia you agree to the terms and conditions outlined above.
SLAS reserves the right to determine inappropriate use in the broadest sense on a case-by-case basis and act accordingly in the best interest of LabAutopedia and the association. Inappropriate use is define as, but not limited to:
- Any use of LabAutopedia that is not directly related to the scope of SLAS and any content or contributor which may be deemed questionable, illegal or bogus.
- Use of profanity, or unnecessary badgering or harassing
- Use of content that may be construed as libelous
- Maliciously editing of content
- Manipulation of content for personal or corporate gain
- Content deemed illegal
The final determination of what is inappropriate lies with SLAS.